Through the generosity of BMS, the broker for the CASW liability insurance program, sponsorship funds have are made available and are to be awarded to members of Partners organizations as well as to affiliated individual members of CASW to participate in opportunities that promote the profession and/or advance issues of social justice.
All awarding of the CASW SPONSORSHIP will be approved by the CASW Board on the advice of the Executive Director.
- Activity must be consistent with the mission of CASW.
- Recipient is a member in good standing of his/her provincial/territorial social work organization or with CASW.
- This sponsorship will not be awarded to the same individual more than once.
- The recipient will not presently be or have been a CASW Board Member within the past two years.
- The successful applicant will agree to write a short article that is consistent with the mission of CASW for the CASW Bulletin and/or other CASW publications deemed appropriate on the event/activity attended.
- The CASW Executive Director will determine the number and amount of the sponsorships.
- Only in special circumstances, at the Executive Director’s discretion, there will be a sponsorship exceeding $1,500.00.
- CASW Partner organizations will be aware when sponsorship has been awarded to one of their membership. Applications will be accepted directly from applicants and from Partner organizations.
Process for Selection
BMS/CASW Sponsorship is limited and will be awarded on an ongoing basis.
*All applicants will receive written acknowledgement of the status of their application.