2017 CASWE-ACFTS Annual Conference, Ryerson University, from May 29 to June 1, 2017.
The Deadline for Abstract submissions is January 20, 2017.
The Next 150: Interrogating Social Work’s Role in “Nation” Building
Please visit the association website for guidelines and submission: http://caswe-acfts.ca/conference/
The conference sub-themes
- Art Inspired Social Change: Social Work Taking Up the Call
- Decolonizing Social Work Epistemologies
- More Than Just Hours: Social Work Placements as Sites of Transformations
- Making the Link Between Transnationalism, Glocalization (a critical lens that examines links between global and local processes), Colonialism, and Imperialism
- Transforming the Classroom: Supporting Critical Change
- QUEER: Re-imagining the “Nation”
Student Proposal Award
Students who are currently enrolled in a full-time or part-time social work program of one of our member institutions are also encouraged to submit their proposals. Five awards will be provided to students with the most promising presentation submissions.
For more information on the student award, please visit our website at www.caswe-acfts.ca/conference
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. The Congress rate is $175.00 early bird and $195.00 regular (booking code “Congress of the Humanities & Social Sciences”). Please book your room as soon as possible as they are on a first come first served basis and subject to availability. The rooms are not reserved in individuals’ names. Further information can be found on the Congress website (http://congress2017.ca/plan-your-trip/accommodations).